- I got the photos back from my last cheeseboard class and I am in LOVE! Gosh, I know some talented folks! (If you’re in the area – be sure to check out Whitney for all your photography needs!)
- Finally! She’s here! The range of my dreams! It’s been a week since it was installed (and a week since I answered the door in a towel – those poor delivery men) and I am just in heaven. The quality, power, and style are just unmatched! I can’t wait to really dig into everything this baby can do! It’s got a proofing setting for goodness sake!
- Speaking of babies – I had to order a bag of babies for my King Cake-ing needs. How does one review that transaction on Amazon?
- My little sister and I are going to see Charlie Berens this weekend and I’m going to have a few words for him about what it means to be Midwest Nice!
- I found this dress at Goodwill for $6! And an amazing kaftan for the first day of our cruise. We’re under 45 days until Golden Girls at Sea!
- Earlier this week I washed, folded, and put away all my laundry ON THE SAME DAY. Killin’ it in 2020!
- In Bed with Nick and Megan is my new podcast listen, obviously! And The Dream – Seth and I dug into that the other day running errands. And, and! Sick. This one. Oooh hoo. It’s all about “what goes wrong in the place meant to keep us healthy.” The first season is about a fertility doctor that was doing some truly terrible things. I blew through six episodes last night!
- This was really exciting – TJ Maxx featured one of my photos in their feed! How stinking cool is that?! Go over and give it a like, wontcha?
Cara Cara Orange Bars are full of flavor from bright winter citrus at the season’s peak! Earthy thyme in a buttery shortbread crust compliments the sweet without overpowering it. Enjoy this simple and delectable recipe before the end of citrus season!
I am living for these Cara Cara orange bars with thyme shortbread crust right now!
It’s such a blessing that peak citrus season also happens to be in the dead of winter! Gimme all those winter citrus recipes!
We need a little bright.
A little tart.
A little sweet.
Ok, a lot sweet.Read More »
Peppermint Mocha Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are a delicious make-ahead frozen dessert that boast all the wonderful flavors of winter! Buttery, chocolatey shortbread cookies sandwiching creamy peppermint ice cream – what could be better?!
I told you I had one more Peppermint Mocha treat up my sleeve!
If I’m being honest, these Peppermint Mocha Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches were not the original plan. There was going to be a pavlova situation happening, but it didn’t…uh…y’know…happen.
That’s ok! We adjust and change and frankly, make the thing that feels right and lights us up instead of what we feel we should do or what the original plan was.
I’m really softening with age.
These shortbread cookies though? They’re not soft. They’re crisp and buttery and crumbly and perfect for sandwiching layers of creamy peppermint ice cream. After they’re dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies, of course!Read More »
- My friend/client (and successful restauranteur! And AirBnb owner! And boutique runner!) Matt snapped this pic of me while we were doing some work last year (still so weird to say!) and I high key love it.
- Made some mushroom and wild rice soup this week and figured out a secret! Pan roast the ‘shrooms before adding them! They get all roasty and toasty and full of flavor. Then, when the soup is nearly done, you just dump all the roasty bits and flavorful juices into the pot! Life changing.
- I’ve been listening to more personal growth and entrepreneurial podcasts as of late. Two new faves? She Makes Money Moves and Goal Digger. What inspirational/informational podcasts do you listen to?
- Very into lettuce wraps, atm. Yesterday I made chicken Caesar salad lettuce wraps (and shared the process on my stories – if you’re interested!) and later this week I’ll be make my spicy shrimp lettuce wraps! That bang bang sauce is good good!
- THE NANNY IS BECOMING A BROADWAY MUSICAL. I repeat: THE NANNY IS BECOMING A BROADWAY MUSICAL!!! Fran Drescher is partnering with Rachel Bloom on the project and it’s two of my favorite women from two of my favorite shows working in one of my favorite mediums and omg!!!!!!! Booking my trip to NYC right now!
- Speaking of trip – in six short weeks I’ll finally be setting sail with Kristen on the Golden Girls Cruise! Gotta start making cheesecakes now so I’m ready!
- A friend of mine told me I should be Mona Lisa from Parks and Rec for Halloween this year and after rewatching some of her episodes…I’m kind of into the idea?!
- I’m here to tell you to just send the dang email, ok? The one that we all have sitting in our draft folder, the one that we have a reminder set to send. Just, send it. Ok? Thanks.
- I’ve been doing sudoku puzzles every morning for about three months or so and yesterday I had a personal triumph wherein I completed a “hard” level puzzle. Felt good.
Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry is a ridiculously easy and even more delicious weeknight meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Chock full of vegetables and good-for-you ingredients, it’s a wonderful way to start this year’s meal planning!
This dish right here? This Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry? It’s all you’ll need for dinner tonight. This week. This month. This year!
It’s SO good! Seth and I are obsessed for a multitude of reasons.
For one thing – it’ super flavorful! The sauce is made from the base of my go-to stir fry with a hefty dose of sweet Thai chili sauce thrown in (because we like a short cut on weeknights, ok?).Read More »
- My Christmas bouquet from Seth is still hanging in there.
- Much like the rest of our decorations. Yes, they’re all still up. And likely will be for at least a few more days. I’m (still) practicing patience in 2020 so I’m not letting it bother me.
- I got a doggie DNA kit for Christmas and cannot wait to find out what my mega mutt is made out of!
- I also got some really fun Golden Girls swag for my impending cruise, personalized coffee mug, and a gift card for a mani/pedi at my favorite nail place. Can you say spoilt?
- Seth and I did a 2019 recap together and I realized it was easily one of the best years I have ever had. So much happened. Like, so, so much. I don’t think I’ve ever been sad to see a year go, but I truly am going to miss 2019. Here’s hoping 2020 is even better!
- We surprised my grandma for her 85th birthday on Saturday and I made a version of this cake, this cake, and a batch of these cookies to help celebrate. I also gave her a jar of Duke’s.
- Did you make any resolutions this year? I didn’t. I have goals, for sure. Especially regarding my business. But, no resolutions. Instead of subtracting things from my life, I’m looking to add to it in any way that I can. More books, more clients, more rest.