- Greetings from Greenville! Grandma and I got in yesterday afternoon after two days on the road. It was a very pleasant drive and great spending time with her. If you have the opportunity to travel with your grandparents, please do. You’ll learn a lot.
- I’m having lunch with some friends at Pita House today and I’m so ready for falafel and cucumber salad. And to deliver some of that beer up there.
- My adorable 14-year-old cousin has the best straight across bangs right now and she’s making me want to cut my hair, but mine will never look as good as hers. Or Leslie’s.
- Speaking of Leslie – I disagree with her. Strongly. I actually love calzones. And even made a mini version before leaving!
- I’ve got a strategy meeting scheduled with Sam from Frosting and Fettuccine today about joining her Master Class and omg I’m nervous.
- Hell yeah, Scotland!
- Some dear friends of mine just welcomed a baby girl into their lives. You can bet your bottom dollar that Aunt Amanda is going to be celebrating by bringing them a pan of Melba’s Lasagna when I return from vacation.
KING CAKE CINNAMON ROLLS ARE THE BEST WAY TO BEGIN YOUR FAT TUESDAY FESTIVITIES! FILLED WITH BROWN SUGAR, PECANS, AND A TINY BABY JESUS – THEY BOAST ALL THE CLASSIC FLAVORS OF TRADITIONAL KING CAKE!
I haven’t packed yet. I have to go to the bank. And the drug store. And find the chord to my portable charger.
It feels so weird, after all the waiting and the planning and the prepping, I’m finally on vacation starting tomorrow! And I’m so not ready for it. Go figure.
Procrastination is a very near and dear friend of mine. It’s what I do. Stitched into the fabric of who I am. But! I was actually way ahead of the game with these cinnamon rolls. Like, crazy ahead. I first posted about them on January 16?! Just a few days after the beginning of Epiphany – when it’s all King Cake all the time.Read More »
WE’RE TAKING THE CLASSIC TACOS AL PASTOR RECIPE AND GIVING IT A MIDWESTERN TWIST BY USING GROUND VENISON IN PLACE OF PORK ROAST. AS A BONUS – IT’S ON THE TABLE IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES!
We’re celebrating today with a Tacos Al Pastor recipe!
What are we celebrating? Very good question! We’re celebrating the fact that by this time next week I’ll be headed to Mexico! Finally! After all the planning and prepping and waiting – it’s vacation time! (More specifically, it’s Golden Girls at Sea time!)Read More »
- Lately I’m all about those double espresso shots with a touch of raw sugar. And next week in Miami I’m going to be all about Cuban coffees!
- I ordered a pair of these sunnies for my cruise next week. I haven’t spent more than $7 on a pair of sunglasses in about six years, but my sunglasses also always fall off my head, have terrible glare, or break. In theory, these won’t have any of those issues. In reality, I will likely lose them in the ocean.
- Igloo switched over from Styrofoam coolers to biodegradable options! Here’s hoping more companies begin following suit!
- I’m still obsessing over the Superbowl Halftime Show. And J Lo. She’s fifty. FIFTY.
- This week I’m shooting on-site at Webster’s. It’s been quite the production. And wonderful! I am having an absolute blast! The days are long, the work is hard, but I am living my dream, y’all.
- This time next week we’ll already be a day into Lent. (But not before having some paczki on Tuesday!) Are you giving anything up? Adding anything to your life? Have no idea what I’m talking about?
FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH SPINACH, GARLIC, AND THREE (!!!) TYPES OF CHEESE THESE SPINACH STUFFED SHELLS ARE A DELICIOUS MAKE-AHEAD VEGETARIAN DINNER THAT WILL PLEASE EVEN THE BIGGEST OF CARNIVORES!
Spinach Stuffed Shells are the answer to all your Lenten dinner needs!
It’s beyond crazy that in just a week we’ll be celebrating Fat Tuesday, eating our weight in Paczki, and then quickly transitioning over into the season of Lent.
Now, I’m what you would call a lapsed Catholic. I often refer to myself as retired. But! A lot of the traditions from my upbringing have stuck around these parts, even if many others have fallen by the wayside. I still recite Hail Marys when I’m stressed, keep a bible and a rosary in my car, and aim to limit my meat intake on Fridays during Lent.Read More »
PUT LEFTOVER VALENTINE’S CHOCOLATES TO GOOD USE WITH THESE ULTRA-GOOEY, SUPREMELY FUDGY TRIPLE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE BROWNIES. THEY’RE THE ULTIMATE BROWNIE RECIPE!
Another Valentine’s Day recipe? Yes! The day after Valentine’s Day? Also, yes! We’re putting that clearance candy to good use today with these Triple Chocolate Truffle Brownies!
After yesterday, you’ve undoubtedly got some chocolates laying around the house. Or you have plans to go buy some for 75% off. I’m not above it.
It can feel a bit ridiculous and overly indulgent to sit on the couch and pop chocolate after chocolate, truffle after truffle into your mouth. Maybe it’s just me? But, somehow, putting those same exact chocolates into brownie batter makes them less indulgent? Because when you eat a brownie you’re only eating one-maybe-two chocolates and then, you’re good. Versus eating half a box of them in one sitting and still feeling like you’re not satisfied.
Again, maybe it’s just me? I hope it’s not just me.
Because you should really make these brownies.Read More »