This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
Enjoy this Wisconsin Supper Club-inspired Brandy Alexander with Ice Cream at home in just a few minutes and with only four ingredients! It’s creamy, sweet, and has just a hint of warm cocoa flavor. You’ll fall in love with this cool cocktail recipe after the first sip!
Enjoy this boozy milkshake by combining vanilla ice cream, brandy, crème de cacao, and a splash of cream and blending until smooth. Because if there’s one thing we will do in Wisconsin it’s combine dairy and alcohol!
In fact, we haven’t just done it by making a milkshake version of the classic Brandy Alexander Cocktail, but by also putting the Pink Squirrel with Ice Cream and Grasshopper Cocktail on most Supper Club menus across the state!
Wanting to make your own version at home? Let’s do it!
Ingredients for this recipe
- Brandy – We are a Korbel household, as is most of Wisconsin. We are actually responsible for drinking over half of the brandy Korbel produces ever year!
- Crème de Cacao – This cocoa-flavored liqueur compliments the warm brandy so well.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Opt for a great quality ice cream, maybe even one with some vanilla bean flecks in it.
- Heavy Cream – Just a splash to help everything smooth out during the blending process.
- Garnishes – A dollop of freshly whipped cream, a grating of nutmeg, and a maraschino cherry make this drink all the more decadent!
If you’re looking for more ways to enjoy brandy be sure to check out my Wisconsin Brandy Old Fashioned post where I highlight all the methods of making the beloved beverage! And, don’t miss my family’s legendary Brandy Slush recipe that we’ve been making for longer than I’ve been alive.
Brandy Alexander with Ice Cream Recipe
This is just a brief overview, find detailed instructions in the recipe card below!
- Add ice cream to a blender. Bonus points if it’s from a Wisconsin-based dairy company!
- Followed by the booze. Add the brandy, crème de cacao, and heavy cream to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. It will be so velvety.
- Pour into a serving glass. If desired, garnish with a whole host of goodies before enjoying!
Blended Brandy Alexander Ice Cream Drink For a Crowd
Every year we make big batches of Ice Cream Grasshopper cocktails to enjoy on New Year’s Eve. Making them all at once is easier than trying to blend a drink per-person during a get together.
Should you need it, here’s how to make enough Brandy Alexanders with ice cream for a group of four:
- Add 8 scoops (about 4 cups) of vanilla ice cream to a blender.
- Add ¾ cup of high-quality brandy, ¾ cup of crème de cacao, and start with ½ cup of heavy cream.
- Start blending the drinks at high power.
- If necessary, add another splash of heavy cream to make it blend easier.
- Serve in tall glasses garnished with whipped cream, nutmeg, and maraschino cherries.
Other Cocktail Recipes You May Enjoy
- Wisconsin Brandy Old Fashioned
- Grasshopper Cocktail (with or without ice cream)
- Pink Squirrel Cocktail
- Lillet Rose Martini
- Raspberry Gin Fizz
Watch the recipe video!
Brandy Alexander with Ice Cream
- Cocktail jigger, optional
- 2 scoops (about 1 cup) vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ ounces brandy, such as Korbel
- 1 ½ ounces crème de cacao
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- In a blender combine 2 scoops vanilla ice cream, 1 ½ ounces brandy, 1 ½ ounces crème de cacao, and 2 ounces heavy cream.
- Blend ingredients until smooth, adding an additional splash of heavy cream if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into a serving glass and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, freshly grated nutmeg, and a cherry to serve, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Makes one drink, easily multiplied.
- Refer to post for making larger quantities.