This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
This 3 ingredient iced vanilla latte recipe uses a homemade vanilla simple syrup to sweeten freshly brewed espresso before it gets topped with cold milk. It’s one of my favorite coffee recipes of all time and is ready in just three minutes.
Save time on busy mornings by skipping the trip to Starbucks and enjoy this perfectly easy coffee recipe right at home in a matter of minutes!
Watch the recipe video![adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="OW3LpX0Y" upload-date="2023-05-30T18:34:41.000Z" name="Iced Vanilla Latte Recipe" description="This 3 ingredient iced vanilla latte recipe is made with homemade vanilla syrup combined with fresh espresso, ice, and your favorite milk!" player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
Ingredients for this recipe
- Espresso – Or strongly brewed coffee, more on that below.
- Vanilla Simple Syrup – I like to make my own, since it only requires three ingredients, but you can buy bottles of it too.
- Milk – Whatever variation you prefer. Whole milk, 2%, even oat or almond will work.
- Ice – Can’t have an iced latte without ice!
Is an iced vanilla latte the same as an iced coffee?
In short: no.
An iced latte is a caffe latte that is made over ice instead of with steamed milk. It consists of espresso, chilled milk of your choice, and a flavored simple syrup, if using, all served over ice.
Iced coffee is coffee that is served cold over ice. It does not taste as strong as an iced latte and doesn’t contain as much milk. It can be made with regular brewed coffee or even cold brew coffee!
If you prefer iced coffee be sure to check out my vanilla iced coffee recipe.
How to Make an Iced Latte
This is a very brief overview - you can find the entire recipe, in-depth, in the recipe card below!
- Combine the espresso and vanilla syrup. Stir well to combine.
- Add in ice. You can use coffee ice cubes to avoid a watered-down drink!
- Top with milk. Whatever kind you prefer.
Making an iced latte without an espresso maker
If you don’t have an espresso machine you can still enjoy this iced caffe latte with these simple alternatives.
Instant Espresso – use instant espresso powder mixed with hot water in place of freshly brewed espresso.
Cold Brew Coffee – You could also use homemade cold brew coffee or cold brew coffee concentrate in place of the espresso if you don’t have an espresso machine. Though for this, you may want to use half coffee and half milk.
Best Milk for Iced Lattes
We are a whole milk family and that is what I use to make any latte – whether it’s a hot vanilla latte or iced. When you’re making an iced latte at home you can use whole milk, low-fat, or even plant-based milks.
Because there’s no steaming involved you don’t have to worry about whether or not stabilizers have been added to milk alternatives to inhibit proper frothing.
Also to note: some milk alternatives come pre-sweetened. If using a sweetened milk alternative be sure to adjust the amount of vanilla simple syrup you add to your espresso when making the latte.
There you have it - easy as can be!
3 Ingredient Iced Vanilla Latte (Ready in Minutes!)
- Espresso Maker, optional
- Combine 1 – 3 tablespoons vanilla simple syrup and 2 shots espresso in a tall glass and stir well.
- Fill the glass with a generous scoop of ice and top with the milk of your choice (using less milk will produce a stronger coffee flavor and more milk will result in a milder drink).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Recipe makes one drink, is easily multiplied.
- Nutrition information calculated based on using whole milk.