This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
These baked BBQ pulled pork nachos are loaded with shredded pork, the best tangy cilantro lime coleslaw, two types of shredded cheese (no cheese sauce here!) and sliced jalapeños! Enjoy these loaded nachos for dinner, or as an appetizer or snack to share.
These sheet pan nachos have it all! They’re crunchy, cheesy, smoky, spicy, sweet, and tangy.
They’re the perfect cross between classic nachos and a bbq pulled pork sandwich and I gotta say – it’s a match made in heaven. They're a great appetizer idea or quick dinner during the week!
Ingredients for the best baked nachos
- Tortilla Chips (I like the white, but yellow or blue would work too!)
- Sharp Cheddar and Monterrey Jack Cheeses (shred it by hand, plz)
- Homemade Pulled Pork
- BBQ Sauce
- Coleslaw (preferably cilantro lime coleslaw)
- Jalapeños (fresh, spicy, perfect)
The amount I love pulled pork sandwiches is only matched by my love for oven baked nachos. Both of them have all the things. There’s flavor and contrast and texture.
It really seemed like a no-brainer to combine the two and make the best pulled pork nachos with coleslaw.
These loaded nachos are also super delicious made with crockpot shredded chicken!
How to make oven baked nachos
- Start with tortilla chips. Spread an even layer of tortilla chips on a baking tray lined with foil and coated with baking spray. This prevents sticking and makes cleanup a breeze!
- Cheese, please. Cover the chips with a generous layer of shredded cheese. Using shredded cheese keeps the nachos from becoming soggy!
- Add the pulled pork. That’s already been mixed with BBQ sauce. We’re building flavors, here.
- More cheese! Add another generous layer of cheese. You’ll be glad you did.
- Bake the nachos. The nachos go into the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. So simple.
- Top it off. With lots of coleslaw, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and fresh sliced jalapeños.
How to make nachos that aren't soggy
Tortilla chips are not infallible. They’re golden, crispy, and delicious. But! They’re also susceptible to becoming soggy when layered with all those wonderful nacho toppings.
So how can we avoid soggy nachos? The biggest trick I’ve found is to use shredded cheese instead of white cheese queso.
Shredded cheese is the secret ingredient in order to avoid the tortilla chips becoming a pile of mush. And baking the nachos helps crisp up the chips while simultaneously melting the cheese.
Voila! Perfect BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos at home!
Watch the recipe video!
The BEST Sheet Pan BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with baking spray, set aside.
- Mix together the pulled pork and 3 tablespoon of BBQ sauce, set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Cover with half of the cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses. Top the cheese with an even layer of pork and finally cover all the nachos with the remaining cheese.
- Bake nachos in preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Top hot nachos with coleslaw, jalapeños, and drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce. Serve immediately.