This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
This Peppermint Popcorn with white chocolate is a fun and festive no-bake holiday treat that requires only four ingredients. Make a few big batches and package in fun bags for an easy gifting idea!
I’m all about an easy holiday treat with minimal ingredients that comes together without needing to wait for the oven to preheat. Fresh popcorn coated in creamy white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies fits that bill!
Want to make this sweet popcorn recipe? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh Popcorn (learn how to make it below!)
- White Chocolate
- Peppermint Candies
- Peppermint Extract
White chocolate is one of my favorite flavors when it comes to treats and desserts. It’s so creamy and sweet and pairs so well with so many other flavors. Berries, cookies, and, especially, peppermint!
Seth and I received a bag of peppermint white chocolate popcorn a few weeks ago and we could not stop eating it! Between the two of us we polished off a gallon-sized bag in one sitting! It’s crunchy and sweet and perfectly minty. It tastes like winter! As a bonus, I discovered it’s an incredibly easy, no-bake holiday treat recipe that comes together in minutes!
Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- Pop the corn. On the stovetop. It’s so easy!
- Melt the white chocolate. In the microwave. Again, so easy!
- Stir in the extract. A splash of peppermint in the melted chocolate carries the minty flavor throughout the whole treat!
- Coat the popcorn. In the melted, minty chocolate. Stir well to combine.
- Add the peppermint candies. Sprinkle them all over the popcorn while the chocolate it still wet.
- Cool the popcorn. On a rimmed baking sheet. This gives the chocolate time to set up and the candy time to adhere well to the popcorn.
How to make popcorn on the stove top
The key to this recipe is freshly made popcorn. It’s important to make sure the popcorn is neutral flavored so the white chocolate and peppermint can stand out. Microwave, buttery-style popcorn wouldn’t taste very good!
To make stovetop popcorn all you need is a neutral oil (such as canola or vegetable) and popcorn kernels.
- Start by heating 4 tablespoon of the oil in a large sauce pot with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Add the popcorn kernels. For this recipe you need 3 ounces of homemade popcorn, which is about ½ cup of kernels.
- Shake the pan continuously to make sure the kernels are evenly coated in oil and don’t burn to the bottom of the pan. The popcorn is finished when the popping sound slows to less than 1 per second (just like with microwave popcorn).
Voila! Perfect microwave popcorn!
And a perfect Christmastime treat!
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowls
- Parchment Paper
- Rimmed Baking Tray
- 12 ounces white chocolate chopped
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 3 ounces plain popcorn about 15 cups
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and stir well to combine, making sure the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Stir in the crushed peppermint candies before spreading the white chocolate popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cool the popcorn until the white chocolate is set, about 30 minutes, before enjoying.
- Leftover popcorn can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Refer to the post for instructions on how to make homemade stove top popcorn.
· by Amanda Gajdosik