This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
Peppermint Mocha Cereal Treats are an easy, no-bake Christmas dessert option for anyone and everyone. They combine all the delicious flavors of a Peppermint Mocha Latte with the ease of marshmallow cereal treats.
This is the last of ‘em. The last of the Christmas creations.
And, maybe, the last of the peppermint mocha situation, too.
Then again. Maybe not. Maybe I’ve got another peppermint-y, mocha-y treat coming.
Because I’m totally on board with Gilmore Girls Season 7. At least, one point they make in Season 7, because, by and large, the final season is basically a gigantic dumpster fire. (Stay with me here – I have a point, I promise.)
Christmas shouldn’t end on December 26. All of the lights and the sparkles and the festive-ness shouldn’t end just because the calendar page turns. We should still drink peppermint coffee and wear ridiculous sweaters and look at the Christmas tree.
But, that’s a post for another time – isn’t it?
Ingredients for this recipe
- Peppermint Extract
- Instant Coffee
- Puffed Rice Cereal
- Chocolate Puffed Rice Cereal
- Chocolate Chips
- Candy Canes
- White Chocolate Chips
Today! The post is about these peppermint mocha cereal treats! They’re fun and festive and come together in no-time at all! Plus, they’re no-bake meaning two things.
1: When your oven is occupied with emergency batches of Christmas cookies these next two days, these won’t get in the way. These peppermint mocha cereal treats come together in about as much time as one round of cookies take in the oven.
And 2: These are so easy anyone can do them! Kids can try (with supervision, of course), novice cooks, or anyone who is just plain fed up with batches and batches of Christmas cookies.
How to make these no bake bars
- Melt the butter and marshmallows. In a large pot. Then add the peppermint extract and instant coffee.
- Stir in the cereals. Followed by the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Spread into a spray pan. With a baking spray coated rubbed spatula.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Then cut, cool, and enjoy!
No Bake Peppermint Mocha Cereal Treats
- Large pot
- 9x13 baking pan
- Rubber Spatula
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 16 oz. bag marshmallows
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 3 cups chocolatey puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 candy canes crushed
- ¼ cup white chocolate
- Spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted. Stir in peppermint extract and instant coffee and remove from heat.
- Using a rubber spatula coated with baking spray, stir in cereals and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and crushed candy canes before spreading into prepared pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the white chocolate in a microwave for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over bars and let sit out for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
- White chocolate chips will not work for this recipe, as they have a stabilizer in them that prevents proper melting. Use a white chocolate bar or vanilla flavored almond bark if you want a delightful drizzle!
· by Amanda Gajdosik