These honey glazed roasted carrots with cayenne are the ultimate vegetable side dish! Perfectly cooked carrots that are slightly sweet, slightly spicy, and perfectly seasoned can be paired with just about any main course you could imagine!
There is no better way to enjoy a vegetable than to roast it. Typically, I like to do just veggies + olive oil + salt + pepper roasted in a very hot oven to highlight the natural flavors of the vegetables, but sometimes the dish needs a little kick.
Enter honey and cayenne pepper. They play off of the natural sweetness and earthiness of the carrots so beautifully, it’s a match made in heaven!
How to make Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots
- Peel and chop the carrots. Into pieces that are about an inch wide.
- Mix together the olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, and cayenne (just a pinch or two).
- Coat the carrots. In the spicy honey mixture.
- Cook the carrots. In a hot oven on a preheated pan.
- Serve with salt. Just a little flaky salt to finish. It sets off the whole dish!
That’s all it takes to make this easy and comforting vegetarian side dish. Between the roasting, the root vegetables, and the spice of cayenne, these carrots are a welcomed and warm addition to any dinner. Of course, you can totally make a meal out of these carrots (guilty as charged) but they also pair perfectly with pot roast. Or roast chicken! Maybe alongside a pot pie for an extra serving of veggies.
Other great veggie side dishes:
- Sautéed Green Beans
- Roasted Veggies
- Mashed Potatoes (those are a vegetable, right?)
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots
- Rimmed Sheet Pan
- 2 pounds carrots
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey local if you can get your hands on it
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a large rimmed baking sheet into the oven as it preheats.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the carrots into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add in the carrots and stir to coat.
- When oven is preheated, (carefully) pour the glazed carrots onto the hot baking sheet. Carefully spread into a single layer.
- Roast carrots in preheat oven for 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes. Or until carrots are fork tender and show some charring.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and parsley before serving.
- Store any leftover carrots in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
- If you don’t like spice – don’t worry! These carrots are just as delicious without cayenne and it can simply be omitted.