This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
These Venison Sausage Breakfast Tacos are made of tortillas loaded with homemade bulk venison breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese, and your favorite toppings! These are easy to make and so delicious to eat! You’ll love waking up when you know you’ll be eating this easy venison recipe for breakfast!
Breakfast tacos are a fun twist on regular venison tacos. Sure, they’re technically a breakfast recipe, but these tacos are so versatile they can be enjoyed any time of day with any toppings you choose! Let’s get cooking!
Why you’ll love these breakfast tacos
- They’re a 20-minute meal. Perfect for quick morning bites!
- The options are endless! Add your favorite cheese, fillings, and toppings. Use corn or flour tortillas. The sky’s the limit.
- A great wild game recipe! In our house, the more we eat wild game, the better! And this is just another show-stopping venison recipe we can enjoy.
- Prep them ahead. Just like a good venison breakfast sandwich, these tacos can be made ahead of time and simply reheated before enjoying. There’s no reason not to enjoy a filling and nutritious breakfast!
Ingredients for this recipe
- Venison Breakfast Sausage – I’ll never tire of this stuff.
- Eggs – Scrambled in the sausage drippings with a splash of heavy cream. Yum!
- Tortillas – Choose corn or flour, whatever you prefer, but we can’t have a taco without a tortilla!
- Toppings – Cheese, onions, cilantro, salsa, avocado, whatever you want to add, however you want to add it!
Making venison sausage breakfast tacos
This is just a quick recipe overview. Find the full, detailed recipe below in the recipe card!
- Brown the sausage. Until nice and crispy.
- Make the scrambled eggs. In the sausage drippings for even more flavor.
- Fill the tortillas. With the sausage, eggs, and cheese.
- Add your favorite toppings. How fun would a taco bar be for a brunch celebration?!
Breakfast Taco Topping Ideas
One of my favorite things about a taco of any kind, not just these amazing breakfast tacos, is how personalized they can be! Here are some great topping ideas for you to try in your next batch!
Veggies – Sauté peppers and onions before scrambling the eggs, top the tacos with tomatoes, or add a sprinkling of black beans for an extra addition of veggies to your day.
Salsa – Go classic or top with salsa verde, which is always my preference with a breakfast taco.
Cheese – Pepper jack, cheddar, or queso fresco are always my go-to choices. Choose your favorite melty cheese to add to your tacos!
Avocado and Cilantro – Something about sliced avocado and fresh cilantro feels so fancy to me. Like you’re getting breakfast at a hip brunch restaurant and not your own kitchen.
Lime – a squeeze of lime adds a bright burst of citrus to these tacos.
Meal Prep Breakfast Tacos
These venison breakfast tacos are a great meal prep option if you’re short on time in the mornings. Here’s how I do it:
- Prepare the tacos as directed in the recipe card. From browning the sausage, scrambling the eggs, to filling the tortillas with both and topping with cheese.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. You don’t want to EVER store hot food in the refrigerator.
- Wrap the tacos in pairs of two in foil. Because one venison sausage breakfast taco is never enough!
- Refrigerate and reheat. Unwrap and microwave for 1 – 2 minutes until warmed through before adding your favorite toppings and enjoying.
The tacos will keep, well-wrapped in foil, for up to four days.
Now that’s a great start to the day!
Venison Sausage Breakfast Tacos
- Foil, optional
- ½ pound venison breakfast sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup Salsa Verde for serving (optional)
- ½ cup diced red onion for serving (optional)
- ½ cup diced cilantro for serving (optional)
- 1 avocado sliced, for serving (optional)
- 1 lime for serving (optional)
- Brown 1 pound of venison breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break the sausage up into small chunks. This will take about 6 – 8 minutes. Remove from pan, leaving drippings behind, and drain cooked sausage on a paper towel-lined plate.
- While the sausage browns, whisk together 8 large eggs, 3 tablespoons heavy cream, a generous pinch of kosher salt, and a sprinkling of black pepper.
- Reduce heat on skillet to medium-low and add the prepared eggs. Cook the scrambled eggs to desired doneness.
- If desired, while eggs are cooking, toast the tortillas in another dry skillet or very carefully over the open flame of your range.
- Divide the cooked eggs among 8 tortilla shells, followed by the venison sausage. Top with a sprinkling of 4 ounces of pepper jack cheese.
- Add your favorite toppings to the tacos before serving such as: salsa verde, red onion, cilantro, avocado, and lime. Enjoy!
- Refer to post for more taco topping ideas!
- Refer to post for directions on storing and reheating.