This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
A delicious Chai Spice Blend is easy-as-can-be to make at home! All you need is five pantry staple spices - cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, and clove - to enjoy the distinct flavor and fragrance of chai in baked goods, drinks, and more!
Ingredients for homemade chai spice
Making homemade chai spice
- Measure out all your spices. I do this into separate bowls just to keep everything neat and tidy.
- Whisk to combine. So simple!
- Store the spice blend. This will keep in your cupboard for six months!
Black Pepper in Chai
I looked at quite a few recipes online while making my own spice blend and decided to forgo the freshly ground black pepper in my mix, but if you’d like to have a slightly spicier version, feel free to add 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper.
Chai Spice Blend
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cloves
- Combine 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 3 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground cardamom, 2 teaspoons ground allspice, and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves and whisk well to combine.
- Store in airtight container for up to six months.