This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
This easy chai latte recipe tastes just like the ones you get at a coffee shop! A blend of chai concentrate and your choice of milk is all it takes to make a delicious chai latte right at home. Enjoy this spiced black tea drink hot or iced!
This chai latte takes mere minutes to make and is much more affordable than going to Starbucks every day for your caffeine fix! Try it for yourself and see how great it can be to make this tea recipe in your own kitchen.
Ingredients for this recipe
- Chai Concentrate – I like my own homemade chai concentrate recipe but you can use store-bought.
- Milk – cow, oat, soy, or almond. Use your favorite!
- Chai Spice Blend - I make my own, but stores sell it premade.
Making a chai latte at home
- Prepare the chai. If you’re going to enjoy this drink hot, you must heat up the concentrate. It’s easy enough to do this in the microwave or on the stove.
- Combine the tea with milk. That’s also been warmed. I like to do this with a milk frother, but it can also be done in the microwave or on the stove.
- Garnish and enjoy. I like to sprinkle the top of my chai latte with a pinch of chai spice blend to get even more of that delicious chai flavor.
Store-bought Chai Concentrate
For the longest time, Starbucks made all their Chai drinks with Tazo tea. In 2017 they created their own in-house brand, Teavana, that isn’t sold in stores, but luckily, Tazo is!
You can purchase Tazo Chai Concentrate at most grocery stores, Target, or similar shops. It’s a great replacement for making your own and gets you that much closer to a complete Starbucks dupe.
Making a chai latte without a milk frother
It’s easy to make chai lattes at home without a milk frother or steamer.
- Combine equal parts chai concentrate and milk and place in the microwave or on the stove.
- Heat liquid until it is steaming.
- Whisk vigorously for 20 seconds before pouring into a glass.
- Garnish with a pinch of chai spice blend (if desired) before serving.
Iced Chai Latte Recipe
Enjoying an iced chai latte couldn’t be easier!
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add equal parts chai concentrate and choice of milk.
- Stir to combine and garnish with a pinch of chai spice blend (if desired) to serve.
Chai Concentrate – Again, if you don’t want to make your own, there are plenty of premade options out there. Tazo, Trader Joe’s, Oregon Chai, and Third Street are all great brands. You can always ask your local coffee shop to purchase a container of their concentrate, too!
Milk – We’re a cow-milk household, always with a gallon or three of whole milk on hand. If you prefer oat milk, almond milk, or soy milk, you can use those instead.
Vanilla - If you're wanting a delicious vanilla chai latte, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of really great vanilla extract to the chai concentrate after heating. YUM!
Easy Chai Latte
- Milk Frother (optional)
- ½ cup chai concentrate
- ½ cup whole milk (or preferred milk alternative)
For a hot chai latte:
For an iced chai latte:
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour in the chai concentrate followed by the milk. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a pinch of chai spice blend to serve, if desired.