Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
These pumpkin bars with homemade cream cheese frosting are a must-make fall treat! Perfectly spiced and moist pumpkin cake is topped with a sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting. Cut into squares and share with fellow pumpkin lovers!
Servings: 24 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Set aside.
Using a hand mixer or whisk, mix the sugars and the oil together until fully combined. Scrape down bowl and stir in the eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree until well combined and smooth.
Gently fold in dry ingredients, scraping bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is fully incorporated.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until edges are just golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove bars from the oven and let cool on rack to room temperature.
When bars are cool, cover with a half-batch of my favorite cream cheese frosting.
- Bars can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for five days or refrigerated for up to eight.
- Add the zest of one orange to the frosting, if desired.
- 1 heaping tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the spice blend in this recipe, if desired.
- Refer to post for notes on making your own pumpkin pie spice blend.
Serving: 1square | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg