Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken
This shredded bbq chicken is what dinner dreams are made of! Consisting of only three ingredients and absolutely loaded with flavor this easy crockpot pulled chicken recipe is sure to be your new favorite weeknight dinner!
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 2 cups BBQ sauce I love Sweet Baby Ray’s
Place the chicken and onion in a slow cooker. Top with the BBQ sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours, or until chicken is fork tender.
Turn off slow cooker. Using two forks shred the chicken breasts into beautifully tender pieces. Mix everything together so all the chicken is covered with the BBQ sauce.
Serve the chicken on seeded buns with coleslaw.
- Leftovers can be stored in fridge for up to five days.
- Refer to post for ideas for using leftover shredded BBQ chicken.
Serving: 0.25pounds | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 801mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg