Slow Cooker Potato and Ham Soup
This Slow Cooker Potato and Ham Soup uses leftover ham bones, fresh veggies, and lots of potatoes to create a dinner that is easy and filling! Throw everything in your crockpot before work and come home to a delicious, home cooked meal that the whole family will love!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 large ham bones
- 2 celery stalks leaves trimmed and diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 pounds russet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
Place the ham bones, chopped celery, carrots, onion, garlic, seasoning and herbs in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with potatoes and cover everything with chicken stock.
Cover and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.
Using a pair of tongs, remove the ham bones from the soup and discard. Also remove the bay leaf.
Stir in the cream and let cook for another minute or two, until warmed through.
Serve topped with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Do not freeze this soup recipe.
- For a thicker soup: microwave the cream for 30 seconds. Stir in 3 tablespoon of flour and whisk until smooth. Stir into soup and cook until thickened.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 862mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3421IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg