Croissant French Toast Bake
Add an extra layer of decadence to breakfast with this sweet and simple croissant French toast bake! Ready in less than an hour, it’s full of flaky croissant pieces, rich custard, and sweet vanilla. Top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, freshly whipped cream, and berries for a truly show-stopping dish!
Servings: 12 servings
9x13 baking pan
Silicone Pastry Brush
Large Measuring Cup
- 2 pounds croissants day old and torn into large pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter melted and divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, 6 tablespoon of the melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon until smooth. Set aside.
Using a pastry brush, spread the remaining 2 tablespoon of the melted butter over the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking pan. Spread the croissant pieces into a single layer in the pan.
Evenly pour the custard over the croissant pieces. Press down slightly with hands to ensure the custard is being soaked into all the bread pieces. Toss gently, if desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 – 45 minutes, or until edges are deeply golden brown and center is set.
Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving with freshly whipped cream, powdered sugar, and fresh berries.
- Make ahead instructions: Prepare the casserole as directed above through adding the custard to the croissant pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, remove from the fridge and remove plastic while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the casserole in preheated oven for 35 – 45 minutes, or until edges are deeply golden brown and center is set.
Serving: 1/12 | Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 576mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 1169IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg