Dry Rubbed Baked Chicken Wings
A flavorful, spicy, and smoky dry rub coats these crispy and delicious oven baked chicken wings that are a healthier option for dinner or snack time!
Servings: 4 people
- 3 pounds chicken wings separated into drumettes and paddles, if desired
For the dry rub:
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 ½ TBSP kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (more or less depending on spice preferences)
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- Carrot Sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and set a metal cool rack inside the lined baking sheet.
Trim off the tip of the wing from the paddle by finding the soft spot of connective tissue and slicing into it with a knife and removing. Repeat the process for the connective tissue between the paddle and the drumette. Place separated chicken wings into a large glass bowl while preparing the rub.
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dry rub until combined.
Sprinkle the rub over the wings and toss, stirring to coat.
Lay wings out into a single layer on cooling rack and bake in preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until chicken reaches 160 degrees internally.
Serve chicken wings with carrot and celery sticks, blue cheese, and ranch dressing.
- Leftover wings can be stored, covered, in the fridge for up to three days.
- Chicken wings are cooked through when no longer pink inside and juices from the chicken run clear. An instant read thermometer is also great for checking internal temperature.
Serving: 0.75pounds | Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 3560mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1844IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3mg