Cold Brew Coffee with Homemade Cold Foam
Smooth and silky homemade cold brew coffee combine with slightly sweet cold foam and sea salt in this delicious morning beverage that's even better than the coffeeshop.
For the Homemade Cold Brew Coffee:
- 6 ounces coffee beans coarsely ground
- 6 cups cold water
For the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam:
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt for serving
For the Homemade Cold Brew:
In a large jar, combine the ground coffee and water, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, up to 20.
After chilling, place a fine mesh sieve over a large measuring cup or bowl and pour coffee through sieve. Rinse out the container you brewed the coffee in and pour the strained coffee into the container to store in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to one month.
If desired, you can strain the coffee a second time. For the second strain, line the sieve with cheesecloth. Pour coffee through the cheesecloth in batches. Discard the cheesecloth when finished. Return the filtered cold brew to the jar and store in refrigerator for up to one month.
For the Sweet Cream Cold Foam:
Whisk together the condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract until smooth. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
When ready to serve, place ¼ cup of the vanilla sweet cream in a blender and whip for about 10 seconds, or until thick and creamy.
Alternatively, you can whip the cold foam by hand with a whisk or with a handheld milk frother, if desired. This will take a bit longer, but is totally doable!
To make the Cold Brew Coffee with Salted Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam:
- Cold Brew Coffee can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Vanilla Sweet Cream can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Cold Brew Method adapted from The Kitchn.
- Vanilla Sweet Cream recipe adapted from The Kitchn as well!
- If desired, add a shot of whiskey to this beverage for a fun Brunch cocktail!
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 124mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 651IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg