- Lately I’m all about those double espresso shots with a touch of raw sugar. And next week in Miami I’m going to be all about Cuban coffees!
- I ordered a pair of these sunnies for my cruise next week. I haven’t spent more than $7 on a pair of sunglasses in about six years, but my sunglasses also always fall off my head, have terrible glare, or break. In theory, these won’t have any of those issues. In reality, I will likely lose them in the ocean.
- Igloo switched over from Styrofoam coolers to biodegradable options! Here’s hoping more companies begin following suit!
- I’m still obsessing over the Superbowl Halftime Show. And J Lo. She’s fifty. FIFTY.
- This week I’m shooting on-site at Webster’s. It’s been quite the production. And wonderful! I am having an absolute blast! The days are long, the work is hard, but I am living my dream, y’all.
- This time next week we’ll already be a day into Lent. (But not before having some paczki on Tuesday!) Are you giving anything up? Adding anything to your life? Have no idea what I’m talking about?
- Edgar has enjoyed his first visit to Door County. And even got featured on the Travel Wisconsin Instagram Stories! My baby’s a star! (I’d be such a horrendous stage dog-mom.)
- Ya girl knows how to start a fire now! Seth taught me up at the cabin. And it’s a good thing too, because I was freezing when I got up yesterday morning and didn’t want to wake Seth. I managed to get a roaring fire going before he even got up! I’m quite proud of myself.
- I’m also proud of myself for this brioche loaf. I haven’t made loaves of bread since my GB&D days so to say I was shocked and amazed is truly an understatement. It was a modified version of the recipe for these buns that I’ll be sharing shortly!
- I highly recommend marrying the guy who fixes things at AirBnbs. There hasn’t been a single place Seth and I have stayed in our time together where he hasn’t fixed something. Replacing a porch light, getting a bathroom door back on its tracks, fixing a broken lock (or three). He’s done it all.
- I also highly recommend marrying the guy who sneaks up to the AirBnb a day early to leave bouquets of flowers, cards, and gifts around the cabin as an amazing surprise to make a work trip more enjoyable.
- Wine tastings have also made this work trip more enjoyable! They’ve been amazing networking and photography opportunities. And have helped us find a few of our new favorite vinos.
- It’s time to check horse drawn sleigh ride off my bucket list. Have you ever gone on one? Ours was freezing but fabulous!
- Whipped up this crazy good banana bread in an hour last Sunday. I’m thinking of sharing the recipe. Who’s interested?
- I made that bread right before seeing Charlie Berens. Which happened right before I met him! And got to give him some strawberry jam and cherry bounce!
- Yesterday someone parked this close to my driver’s side door at the grocery store – forcing me to climb in through the passenger side. It was totally ridiculous, but totally reminiscent of when I was in high school and I had an old Woody Caravan whose driver’s side door was held on with bungee cords. I only ever used the passenger door then.
- Tuesday night I caught Seth singing the New Girl theme song to Edgar, but he changed the words to “Who’s that dog? It’s Edgar!” I’ve never heard anything cuter.
- I made a super fun gif/stop motion of some stuffed shells I made earlier this week. Check it in my highlights! (And give me a follow on IG while you’re at it!)
- Ya girl got an InstantPot! And promptly got the most terrifying “FOOD BURN” warning the first time I used it. But! I poured a can of beer into the pot and the pork turned out beautifully!
- Seth has figured out a new way to make potatoes and they are unbelievable! Like a cross between a potato chip and mashed potatoes. I’m going to wrangle him into letting me shoot them soon so I can share!
- Working on a pecan and brown sugar lacey cookie. It’s almost there, just another batch or two and they’ll be perfect! Stay tuned!
- I am now the (very) proud owner of a butter ornament. Finally, our tree is complete! My friend Meredith (who I saw last month) bestowed it upon me because she just gets me. I’m a very lucky girl with very good friends.
- Seth got the family a Firestick for Christmas and holy moly has it changed our TV game! We had been using an ancient blu-ray player for way too long. There are so many fun features on this thing and every time Seth tells me another one he laughs at my, “Wha?! Really?!” response. Welcome to the future!
- On the topic of TV – I binged a show for the first time since our honeymoon (yeah, we binge watched a show on our romantic weekend away and it was perfection, don’t @ me). Dirty John! One of my favorite podcasts became a TV show. It was brilliant! Absolutely marvelous! Connie Britton is a treasure and Eric Bana was terrifying.
- Speaking of podcasts – which I do virtually all of the time that I’m not actually listening to them – I started listening to Scam Goddess and I’m hooked! It’s funny and current and true crime-y without being about murder.
- It’s usually a guarantee that this time of year I’m bound to get a cold. And a dang nasty one at that. I’m not sure if working from home is helping or hindering this happening. On the one hand, I’m not exposed to so many germs buuuuuut, on the other hand, I’m not exposed to so many germs! Less risk of coming into contact with sickly people but, also, less chance to build up immunities. I’m taking lots of elderberry and vitamin c supplements to be safe, either way.
- May we all have an Aunt Jackie in our lives.
- Going to attempt my first Bûche de Nöel this week/weekend. I haven’t successfully made a Swiss roll cake in two year (then again, I haven’t tried in two years). If you have any tips or tricks for the love of all that is good in this world please share!
- I am on day five of my cheesy advent calendar and this is so much fun.
- Speaking of cheese (again), as of now – my upcoming Holiday Cheeseboard class is SOLD OUT. I cannot believe it. I’m in awe. And so excited to make some cheeseboards!
- Seth and I started watching Sex Education on Netflix and it’s quickly become one of our favorite shows. Yes, it’s raunchy and full of inappropriate words. But it’s also full of heart and humor and a deeper meaning. Season two starts in January and we are so ready!
- I got my mom a Nicholas Cage Pillow for her birthday. She loved it even more than I thought she would.
- Got these bibs when Seth and I went down to Chicago for our early anniversary trip. They’re my new favorite. They can be paired with a Christmas sweater or worn when I’m on location. Highly recommend.
- Seth also picked up a new coat…for Edgar! “For chores.” (Find the photographic evidence on my “Edgar James” story highlights on IG!)
- We were all clad in our Carhartt-ed best when we went in search of a tree. Turns out! All these lovely, quaint, small-town cut-your-own Christmas tree farms are closed Monday – Thursday! So, we got our tree from a local, beloved plant shop. We brought it home, put it up, and watched it promptly topple over when I tried to water it. Thank goodness it wasn’t decorated yet!
- Dots Pretzels. Seth and I had them as a car snack a few days ago and ohmygosh I cannot believe how good they are! Makes me want to do a fun seasoned or spiced pretzel/snack mix for the holidays!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are all enjoying time with your family and friends, eating food that was made with love and filling yourself up with carbs and the comfort that comes from gratitude.
I just wanted to take a minute out of all the pie and pilgrims to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart. For all of you, any of you, who have ever read, commented, followed along, or made a recipe. For any of you who have supported me in any way. I wouldn’t be where I am, doing what I am, without you. So, thank you.
There’s one reader in particular I want to give my utmost thanks to – my husband. He is the reason you’re reading more posts, seeing more pictures. He’s the reason I’m following my dreams. He is steady and strong. I am eternally grateful for his love and encouragement. Thank you, sweet Seth.
May today kick off the happiest holiday season for you and yours. As for me and mine, I’ve already donned a Christmas sweater and mulled some cider for an evening of Elf viewing. May our gratitude flow like maple syrup over spaghetti <3