- My friend/client (and successful restauranteur! And AirBnb owner! And boutique runner!) Matt snapped this pic of me while we were doing some work last year (still so weird to say!) and I high key love it.
- Made some mushroom and wild rice soup this week and figured out a secret! Pan roast the ‘shrooms before adding them! They get all roasty and toasty and full of flavor. Then, when the soup is nearly done, you just dump all the roasty bits and flavorful juices into the pot! Life changing.
- I’ve been listening to more personal growth and entrepreneurial podcasts as of late. Two new faves? She Makes Money Moves and Goal Digger. What inspirational/informational podcasts do you listen to?
- Very into lettuce wraps, atm. Yesterday I made chicken Caesar salad lettuce wraps (and shared the process on my stories – if you’re interested!) and later this week I’ll be make my spicy shrimp lettuce wraps! That bang bang sauce is good good!
- THE NANNY IS BECOMING A BROADWAY MUSICAL. I repeat: THE NANNY IS BECOMING A BROADWAY MUSICAL!!! Fran Drescher is partnering with Rachel Bloom on the project and it’s two of my favorite women from two of my favorite shows working in one of my favorite mediums and omg!!!!!!! Booking my trip to NYC right now!
- Speaking of trip – in six short weeks I’ll finally be setting sail with Kristen on the Golden Girls Cruise! Gotta start making cheesecakes now so I’m ready!
- A friend of mine told me I should be Mona Lisa from Parks and Rec for Halloween this year and after rewatching some of her episodes…I’m kind of into the idea?!
- I’m here to tell you to just send the dang email, ok? The one that we all have sitting in our draft folder, the one that we have a reminder set to send. Just, send it. Ok? Thanks.
- I’ve been doing sudoku puzzles every morning for about three months or so and yesterday I had a personal triumph wherein I completed a “hard” level puzzle. Felt good.
To each and every one of you who has read, commented, liked, followed, subscribed, or interacted with me and my little site in any way. To those of you who have tried my recipes. Bless you. You’re why I do this.Read More »
- Frying the turkey was a rousing success. Thankyouverymuch.
- Garage Oven is now House Oven! This has been a huge undertaking for us and our household (let’s be honest, mostly Seth). We will use Garage Oven until Holy Grail Oven is delivered.
- I got to have coffee with a very talented, very sweet fellow-photographer friend of mine (who also took some bomb ass photos of my cheeseboard class!). Having real-life personal connections are paramount to success as a freelancer/entrepreneur. I’m finally learning that.
- Let’s talk about how cute these cheeseboard trees are! And how mad I am that I didn’t think of them first.
- I have followed Humans of New York for years now and it never ceases to make me feel everything.
- I’ve never actually gotten a facial before, but I’m making it a goal to do so in 2020. In the meantime, I have found that watching videos like this one on YouTube have a very calming effect on me that may be almost as good as getting an actual facial. What are some of your goals for 2020? Do tell!
- Searching for a great Christmas morning breakfast option? Might I suggest these Classic Cinnamon Rolls? Or the flakiest Apple Danish? Or Peppermint Hot Cocoa Scones?
- Working on a pecan and brown sugar lacey cookie. It’s almost there, just another batch or two and they’ll be perfect! Stay tuned!
- I am now the (very) proud owner of a butter ornament. Finally, our tree is complete! My friend Meredith (who I saw last month) bestowed it upon me because she just gets me. I’m a very lucky girl with very good friends.
- Seth got the family a Firestick for Christmas and holy moly has it changed our TV game! We had been using an ancient blu-ray player for way too long. There are so many fun features on this thing and every time Seth tells me another one he laughs at my, “Wha?! Really?!” response. Welcome to the future!
- On the topic of TV – I binged a show for the first time since our honeymoon (yeah, we binge watched a show on our romantic weekend away and it was perfection, don’t @ me). Dirty John! One of my favorite podcasts became a TV show. It was brilliant! Absolutely marvelous! Connie Britton is a treasure and Eric Bana was terrifying.
- Speaking of podcasts – which I do virtually all of the time that I’m not actually listening to them – I started listening to Scam Goddess and I’m hooked! It’s funny and current and true crime-y without being about murder.
- It’s usually a guarantee that this time of year I’m bound to get a cold. And a dang nasty one at that. I’m not sure if working from home is helping or hindering this happening. On the one hand, I’m not exposed to so many germs buuuuuut, on the other hand, I’m not exposed to so many germs! Less risk of coming into contact with sickly people but, also, less chance to build up immunities. I’m taking lots of elderberry and vitamin c supplements to be safe, either way.
- May we all have an Aunt Jackie in our lives.
- Going to attempt my first Bûche de Nöel this week/weekend. I haven’t successfully made a Swiss roll cake in two year (then again, I haven’t tried in two years). If you have any tips or tricks for the love of all that is good in this world please share!
- I am on day five of my cheesy advent calendar and this is so much fun.
- Speaking of cheese (again), as of now – my upcoming Holiday Cheeseboard class is SOLD OUT. I cannot believe it. I’m in awe. And so excited to make some cheeseboards!
- Seth and I started watching Sex Education on Netflix and it’s quickly become one of our favorite shows. Yes, it’s raunchy and full of inappropriate words. But it’s also full of heart and humor and a deeper meaning. Season two starts in January and we are so ready!
- I got my mom a Nicholas Cage Pillow for her birthday. She loved it even more than I thought she would.
- Got these bibs when Seth and I went down to Chicago for our early anniversary trip. They’re my new favorite. They can be paired with a Christmas sweater or worn when I’m on location. Highly recommend.
- Seth also picked up a new coat…for Edgar! “For chores.” (Find the photographic evidence on my “Edgar James” story highlights on IG!)
- We were all clad in our Carhartt-ed best when we went in search of a tree. Turns out! All these lovely, quaint, small-town cut-your-own Christmas tree farms are closed Monday – Thursday! So, we got our tree from a local, beloved plant shop. We brought it home, put it up, and watched it promptly topple over when I tried to water it. Thank goodness it wasn’t decorated yet!
- Dots Pretzels. Seth and I had them as a car snack a few days ago and ohmygosh I cannot believe how good they are! Makes me want to do a fun seasoned or spiced pretzel/snack mix for the holidays!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are all enjoying time with your family and friends, eating food that was made with love and filling yourself up with carbs and the comfort that comes from gratitude.
I just wanted to take a minute out of all the pie and pilgrims to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart. For all of you, any of you, who have ever read, commented, followed along, or made a recipe. For any of you who have supported me in any way. I wouldn’t be where I am, doing what I am, without you. So, thank you.
There’s one reader in particular I want to give my utmost thanks to – my husband. He is the reason you’re reading more posts, seeing more pictures. He’s the reason I’m following my dreams. He is steady and strong. I am eternally grateful for his love and encouragement. Thank you, sweet Seth.
May today kick off the happiest holiday season for you and yours. As for me and mine, I’ve already donned a Christmas sweater and mulled some cider for an evening of Elf viewing. May our gratitude flow like maple syrup over spaghetti <3