- Seeing a photograph of mine on a magazine cover will never, ever, ever get old. And if it does, someone slap me. The latest issue of Edible Door County is out and I am so pleased to have contributed two new recipes that showcase peas (and of course provide the photo for the cover).
- CHARLIE BERENS IS USING THE CHERRIES I GAVE HIM. I made a big ol’ batch of Cherry Bounce before Christmas and I gave him a jar at his show in January. I figured he got lots of gifts from fans so imagine my surprise when I saw my little jar in his Old Fashioned video!
- I’m officially old and out of touch. I had to look up that whipped coffee trend that’s going on around TikTok. But now that I know what the heck it is, I’m very tempted to try it. It’s like a coffee version of cold foam!
- New Podcast Alert!!! “I Said No Gifts” with Bridger Winegar is so funny and sweet and well-intentioned. It’s the perfect distraction at a time like this.
- There’s an entire channel on our local programming dedicated to pet content. They had a puppy-athon the other day and it was the brightest spot I needed.
- I don’t think I mentioned this, but on the cruise I read The Woman in Cabin 10 in two days and it was so amazing to be sucked into a book again. (Let’s talk about how I had no idea it was about a cruise ship murder when I brought it ON A CRUISE SHIP.) I’m actually excited to start reading more. What’re you reading now?
- …of course I can’t start reading until I’ve caught up on Schitt’s Creek. I’m about halfway through season 5 and am loving the show more and more with each episode!
- How’s everyone faring? How’s everyone feeling? Really and truly it’s important to check on everyone at this time. Leave a comment below and let me know how your head and your heart are doing. I’d love to chat!
- To help lighten things up, I’m hosting a fun and funny giveaway on my Instagram. What’s the prize, you ask? Oh, just the COMPLETE SERIES of The Nanny!!! Yes, yes, I know, I know, I am far too generous.
- Speaking of generous – if you are able or feel so inclined, there’s a virtual tip jar set up for the employees of a local coffee shop I do work for. You can find it here. Every little bit helps. That includes in your own location too! Shop small, support small, this is the time to think small – for small businesses and their owners.
- Going to be making this focaccia because my friend Jen made it on her IG stories the other day and it looks too good not to have. Plus, I need to work with yeast more. Even though I don’t want to. But I want fresh baked bread. But I don’t want to wait 24 hours for it. But it’s better than store bought. These are the things that plague me.
- I’ve taken to watching these ridiculously complex choreography routines to relax. And then attempting to recreate them as an exercise in creativity. It’s almost working, despite my lack of rhythm.
- I’m a part of a small group of women who are doing a mastermind group in food photography with Sam of Frosting + Fettuccine – it’s so cool to know that I was present (at least virtually) for the styling and photographing of this post. I’m already learning so dang much!
- If you’re looking for something to keep you (or your children) occupied during this time – check out my recipe page. There’s a whole host of things to make and many of them use ingredients you likely already have on hand!
- Gosh it’s good to be home. I missed my husband and my house and my hound. No amount of cortados from The Village Grind can fill those voids. (Though Lord knows I tried.)
- I wasn’t even home for 24 hours before Seth and I hit up a thrift store while out grocery shopping. I picked up an 8-cup Pyrex measuring cup (vintage!) and a gorgeous, watermelon red wool coat (also vintage!).
- To answer the questions I know are on everyone’s minds – yes, the cruise was amazing! Yes, we really were on a Golden Girls cruise! Yes, we dressed up and played games and sang songs.
- I’ve got a new nephew! He was born early Wednesday morning and is absolutely precious and perfect and looks like Charlie Brown!
- While I was gone, Edgar managed to steal an entire pizza off the counter (!!!) and ate half of it before becoming violently ill. He’s not slowing down in his later years.
- I haven’t stayed at a hotel in quite some time (like, 2 years?) and didn’t know about this new trend of them offering not only free breakfast, but also free dinner or a cocktail hour. Have you experienced this?
- I found some sliced peaches at the bottom of the freezer. First, I was contemplating another round of pavlovas (I desperately want another successful run), but now I’m thinking some homemade jam to welcome in the (possibly) warmer weather.
- Greetings from Greenville! Grandma and I got in yesterday afternoon after two days on the road. It was a very pleasant drive and great spending time with her. If you have the opportunity to travel with your grandparents, please do. You’ll learn a lot.
- I’m having lunch with some friends at Pita House today and I’m so ready for falafel and cucumber salad. And to deliver some of that beer up there.
- My adorable 14-year-old cousin has the best straight across bangs right now and she’s making me want to cut my hair, but mine will never look as good as hers. Or Leslie’s.
- Speaking of Leslie – I disagree with her. Strongly. I actually love calzones. And even made a mini version before leaving!
- I’ve got a strategy meeting scheduled with Sam from Frosting and Fettuccine today about joining her Master Class and omg I’m nervous.
- Hell yeah, Scotland!
- Some dear friends of mine just welcomed a baby girl into their lives. You can bet your bottom dollar that Aunt Amanda is going to be celebrating by bringing them a pan of Melba’s Lasagna when I return from vacation.
- Lately I’m all about those double espresso shots with a touch of raw sugar. And next week in Miami I’m going to be all about Cuban coffees!
- I ordered a pair of these sunnies for my cruise next week. I haven’t spent more than $7 on a pair of sunglasses in about six years, but my sunglasses also always fall off my head, have terrible glare, or break. In theory, these won’t have any of those issues. In reality, I will likely lose them in the ocean.
- Igloo switched over from Styrofoam coolers to biodegradable options! Here’s hoping more companies begin following suit!
- I’m still obsessing over the Superbowl Halftime Show. And J Lo. She’s fifty. FIFTY.
- This week I’m shooting on-site at Webster’s. It’s been quite the production. And wonderful! I am having an absolute blast! The days are long, the work is hard, but I am living my dream, y’all.
- This time next week we’ll already be a day into Lent. (But not before having some paczki on Tuesday!) Are you giving anything up? Adding anything to your life? Have no idea what I’m talking about?
Seth took me snow shoeing for the first time! And I’m hooked! Gotta make the best of this winter weather. We went again after getting 8 inches of snow on Sunday!
I also got some new friends on Sunday. I went to a local meeting with fellow female photographers and gosh I am so glad I did! I met some really great gals who are also wonderful business owners. Surround yourself with good people, ok?
Didn’t make a Valentine’s Day reservation? Don’t worry I’ve got you covered!
For Christmas my mom got me a doggie DNA kit so I could finally find out what Edgar was. I dragged my feet in getting his sample because I had a pretty good feeling he was going to hate getting his mouth swabbed (update: he hated it), but I finally did it and we got his results! They are so interesting! And curious! He’s 25% American Eskimo Dog (?), 25% American Staffordshire Terrier, 12% Miniature Dachshund, 12% Chow Chow, and a whole host of other doggos.
Pyrex sent me the sweetest dang care package I ever did receive last weekend! It arrived right after we got back from Door County and was filled with so many goodies! You can check out a fun (and very casual) unboxing video in my highlights here!