This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income via ads.
This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tart is what every chocoholics’ dreams are made of. A crispy, chocolate cookie crust filled to bursting the fresh strawberry jam and the silkiest chocolate ganache you’ve ever tasted. Then a garnish of fresh, bright berries – for good measure and a real “wow” factor. It’ll make you fall in love.
Let’s talk about this chocolate covered strawberry tart, shall we?
Let’s talk about the Oreo cookie crust and how dang easy it is to put together! Because it requires only two ingredients!
Then again, the chocolate filling may be easier? It also requires only two ingredients!
Ingredients for this recipe
For the Crust:
- Oreos or chocolate sandwich cookies
For the Filling:
- Heavy Cream
- Dark Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Strawberry Jam
The strawberry filling is just a simple layer of strawberry jam! We all know I’m partial to Seth’s – it truly is the best! But (and not to sound like the Barefoot Contessa over here), store-bought is fine.
Making a simple chocolate tart
- Make the crust. By combining the crushed cookies and melted butter and baking in a tart pan.
- Make the chocolate filling. By pouring hot cream over chopped chocolate.
- Assemble the tart. By first spreading a layer of strawberry jam over the bottom of the tart and then pouring over the chocolate ganache.
- Refrigerate the tart. To be sure it firms up before serving!
Garnish this Valentine’s Day dessert with more fresh berries or some chocolate covered strawberries for a real show-stopping finish. A dusting of powdered sugar or lightly whipped cream would also be delicious, no doubt! Perhaps a sprinkle of sea salt?
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tart
For the crust:
- 2 rows of Oreos crushed fine
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
For the filling:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 3.5 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Fresh strawberries and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the crushed cookies and melted butter until the mixture resembles coarse, damp sand. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake in preheated oven for 7 – 9 minutes, or until edges are set and no longer appear wet. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cream on high for 1 – 2 minutes, or until steaming and incredibly hot. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolates and cover for two minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract and continue stirring until chocolate mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Spread strawberry jam into cooled tart crust before pouring over chocolate mixture.
- Place tart in fridge to set for at least four hours, or overnight, before topping with additional chocolate covered strawberries and fresh berries.
- Leftovers can be stored covered in fridge for up to four days.
- Chocolate filling recipe adapted from the Foodess.