This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tart is what every chocoholics’ dreams are made of. A crispy, chocolate cookie crust filled to bursting with fresh strawberry jam and the silkiest chocolate ganache you’ve ever tasted. Then a garnish of fresh, bright berries – for good measure and a real “wow” factor. It’ll make you fall in love.
Let’s talk about this chocolate covered strawberry tart, shall we?
Let’s talk about the Oreo cookie crust and how dang easy it is to put together! Because it requires only two ingredients!
Then again, the chocolate filling may be easier? It also requires only two ingredients!
The strawberry filling is just a simple layer of strawberry jam! We all know I’m partial to Seth’s – it truly is the best! But (and not to sound like the Barefoot Contessa over here), store-bought is fine.
The hardest part of the tart may be willingly sharing it. Although, Seth did just that when he took the leftovers to work the other day. Because we both inhaled two pieces in the blink of an eye.
Garnish this Valentine’s Day dessert with some chocolate covered strawberries. And more fresh berries! I contemplated a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream, too. But, for once in my life, I showed restraint.
Don’t be like me. Unless you’re going to make this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tart. Then, please, be like me. Make this ridiculously easy, chocolate dessert for someone you love.
Even if that someone is yourself. Winky face. (Yeah...I just wrote out "winky face..." don't judge me.)
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tart
For the crust:
- 2 rows of Oreos crushed fine
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
For the filling:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 3.5 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Fresh strawberries and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the crushed cookies and melted butter until the mixture resembles coarse, damp sand. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake in preheated oven for 7 – 9 minutes, or until edges are set and no longer appear wet. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cream on high for 1 – 2 minutes, or until steaming and incredibly hot. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolates and cover for two minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract and continue stirring until chocolate mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Spread strawberry jam into cooled tart crust before pouring over chocolate mixture.
- Place tart in fridge to set for at least four hours, or overnight, before topping with additional chocolate covered strawberries and fresh berries.