PUT LEFTOVER VALENTINE'S CHOCOLATES TO GOOD USE WITH THESE ULTRA-GOOEY, SUPREMELY FUDGY TRIPLE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE BROWNIES. THEY'RE THE ULTIMATE BROWNIE RECIPE!
Another Valentine’s Day recipe? Yes! The day after Valentine’s Day? Also, yes! We’re putting that clearance candy to good use today with these Triple Chocolate Truffle Brownies!
After yesterday, you’ve undoubtedly got some chocolates laying around the house. Or you have plans to go buy some for 75% off. I’m not above it.
It can feel a bit ridiculous and overly indulgent to sit on the couch and pop chocolate after chocolate, truffle after truffle into your mouth. Maybe it’s just me? But, somehow, putting those same exact chocolates into brownie batter makes them less indulgent? Because when you eat a brownie you’re only eating one-maybe-two chocolates and then, you’re good. Versus eating half a box of them in one sitting and still feeling like you’re not satisfied.
Again, maybe it’s just me? I hope it’s not just me.
Because you should really make these brownies.
They’re fudgy. Like, super fudgy. As Seth put it, even when they’re fully baked they’re so ridiculous gooey and moist that they feel underbaked. That’s how much chocolate these babies have!
ULTIMATE FUDGE BROWNIES
We’ve got three, yes, count ‘em, THREE (!!!) different types of chocolate in this little 9x9 pan! There’s the melted chocolate (I like a semi-sweet Ghiradelli square). The cocoa powder (Seth’s favorite brand is Nestle so that’s what we keep in the house). Finally, there’s chopped up pieces of chocolate truffles scattered throughout the batter. And then some whole truffles pressed into the top of the warm brownies, fresh from the oven. Et voila! Triple Chocolate Truffle Brownies!
HOW CAN THESE NOT BE AMAZING?!
The base recipe was heavily inspired by and adapted from Erin McDowell’s fudgy brownie recipe. Because she’s a goddess among women and I trust her implicitly. And they’re basically one bowl…one and a half bowls. All it takes is one actual mixing bowl and one bb bowl to mix the eggs in. I had them in and out of the oven in less than 45 minutes.
Share the love. And the brownies. Amen.
Triple Chocolate Truffle Brownies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 oz. chocolate truffles chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper, spray with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large, glass mixing bowl combine the butter, oil, and chopped chocolate. Microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each round, until chocolate is fully melted and smooth (about 1 minute.
- Stir in sugars until smooth and glossy. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt to bowl, then scatter chopped truffles over top. Gently fold dry ingredients into batter, being sure to leave no streaks of flour behind.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until edges begin to pull away from the pan and center no longer jiggles.
- While brownies are still warm press additional chocolate truffles into the top of the brownies. They’ll melt and get all gooey and delightful.
- Cool brownies completely to room temperature before slicing and serving.